Q: Turn signal doesn't turn off after making turn

asked by on February 06, 2016

The turn signal switch doesn't come back to its neutral position after you switch it on and then make the turn.

Turn Signal Switch Replacement $96.07 - $921.95 Get a Quote

Hello. The problem is the cancellation spring located in the turn signal arm. This spring makes contact with the high spots in the column when the steering wheel turns. These high spots hit the spring and cause it to return to the neutral position. Though some mechanics will remove the arm and try to put a bend back in the spring, the only way to fix it is to replace the entire arm assembly. Once it’s replaced, the system will then begin to work properly again. If you plan on having this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can inspect the electrical components in your vehicle and replace any damaged parts.