Q: Car cuts off while driving

My car cuts off while driving and starts again after waiting about 45 minutes.

The are dozens of potential causes for your issue. Since the problem goes away after the vehicle sit and cools down, my guess is that the problem is electrical. This is because electrical resistance goes up when heat increases. When the vehicle dies, it might be a good idea to tap on the ignition module to see if the vehicle will start. The same test applies to the crankshaft position sensor. Both of these items have high failure rates on vehicles like yours. I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle for a definitive answer to your stalling issue.

3. Car cuts off while driving