Q: I replaced the bulb headlight on driver side, why it not working.

asked by on August 14, 2016

My driver side headlight go out, I bought the exactly the same one. I replaced and it's not working. I don't know what wrong. Can u help me? Thank u.

Hi there. Thanks for writing in about your 2000 Lexus ES300. Sometimes the bulb is not the reason why the headlight is not working. In fact, some common causes include a bad relay, faulty electrical harness that attaches to the headlight, or a fuse issue. However, in some cases, especially with halogen headlights, touching the actual bulb with bare fingers can cause the light bulb to burn out instantly due to oil residue on the fingers. This causes an overheating situation on the bulb and can happen very quick.

Two things you should do before calling a mechanic include checking the connection from your light bulb to make sure it wasn’t installed backwards; and second, check the fuses to see if any of them are burnt. If those are good, contact one of our local mechanics to complete a headlight inspection for you and make the right repair.