Q: I now know my catalytic converter is bad can I still drive it to work til I have it fixed in a day, I drive one way 65 miles

asked by on October 02, 2016

Not getting good gas mileage numbers on dash keep changing hot in cabin

Although you catalytic converter may still allow the car to run, there is often times no telling when it will cause the car to not run. As you have experienced, this will cause the car to get very poor fuel mileage in addition to not running properly. A clogged catalytic converter can be dangerous to drive with due to the propensity for it to get extremely hot which can present a fire hazard in some situations. A certified professional from YourMechanic can replace your catalytic converter or inspect the decrease in mileage to verify which repairs are needed.