Q: Car leaking coolant and oil

I am losing a lot of antifreeze from the overflow container, but when I check the fluid level in the radiator, it is fine. I replaced the radiator cap, thinking that was the problem, but I am still leaking coolant. I also noticed that the engine was burning oil, but not as much as the antifreeze.

A: Hi there. Sounds to me that you have a leak...

Hi there. Sounds to me that you have a leak in your coolant reservoir hose or in the container itself. As for your vehicle burning oil this is common in vehicles especially with higher mileage. If your vehicle burns a quart every week that is cause to think about having your engine rebuilt or replaced. If it does not exceed that amount it is "normal." I recommend having a certified mechanic locate and repair any of your leaks and determine if there are any other leaks occurring on your car.