Q: Car dying without warning

My car dies without any warning while I am driving. My thoughts are it might have to do with the fuel system, though I am not entirely sure. When it does die, it takes a couple of minutes before I am able to start it again.

A: Hi. There could be several possibilities th...

Hi. There could be several possibilities that are causing your problems. A faulty fuel pump relay that is heating up would disable the fuel pump and therefore starve the engine of fuel. A fuel pressure test, during steady cruise, will reveal if fuel pressure is being lost prior to stalling. Another possibility is the engine computer, it may be shutting down due to poor contacts in the ignition switch or the PCM is faulty. Fault codes should also be scanned from the engine computer (PCM) to eliminate other possible causes. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the stalling issues your vehicle is encountering.