Q: Portable Jump charger recommendation

Several sites list top ten highest rated. Want durability, last one broke and ease of use anything else to look for in a charger? Prefer under $100.

Stay away from the ones that have lights or built in pumps. For most of these you pay for the options. Make sure it has an On/Off switch and a built in charger. The rating should depend on the vehicle you plan on jump starting. The bigger power rating, the bigger price.

I purchased one for around $50 and it will work on most light applications, up to a light truck. However, it would not jump a bigger truck or diesel engine. You would need one twice the ratings for these type of applications. You might not get the most durability out of one for $100, but so far my $50 one lasted a year without problems. Only had to charge it twice but used it about 10 times in total. The one I got also has an accessory adapter for charging phones, laptops, or tablets.