Q: Portable Jump charger recommendation

Several sites list top ten highest rated. Want durability, last one broke and ease of use anything else to look for in a charger? Prefer under $100.

A: Stay away from the ones that have lights or...

Stay away from the ones that have lights or built in pumps. For most of these you pay for the options. Make sure it has an On/Off switch and a built in charger. The rating should depend on the vehicle you plan on jump starting. The bigger power rating, the bigger price.

I purchased one for around $50 and it will work on most light applications, up to a light truck. However, it would not jump a bigger truck or diesel engine. You would need one twice the ratings for these type of applications. You might not get the most durability out of one for $100, but so far my $50 one lasted a year without problems. Only had to charge it twice but used it about 10 times in total. The one I got also has an accessory adapter for charging phones, laptops, or tablets.