Q: Driving on torn CV boot?

We are borroymy dad's 2006 Audi A3 and we're just told it has "Both outer CV Boots torn and left axle noisy". We were quoted about $2000 to get both front axel shafts replaced (at an audi dealership) Hubby didn't tell me he had been hearing the obvious CV issues while turning for a while (not a car guy). I want to get it fixed asap. He doesn't think it's a big deal. Please reaffirm that it should be fixed asap!! Thanks you! Ellen, Tacoma, Wa

If you have been driving on torn CV boots and now have noise when turning and have driven like that for a while then you should have the axles replaced as soon as possible. You do not have to go to the dealer to have it done. You could have an aftermarket part put in and a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and put it in for you. It may save you money from the dealer pricing.