Q: Car not moving when accelerating

The car turns on, but when I try to accelerate in drive, it doesn't move.

Transmission Position Sensor (Switch) Replacement $90.40 - $949.94 Get a Quote

Hello! There are a few things that could be going on. You didn’t state whether or not there is any noise when the gas is pressed, which could narrow down the root of your problem. The most common cause of this problem would be a transmission issue. A qualified technician, such as one of our YourMechanic experts, will be able to diagnose this issue for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr