Q: Play in the steering while driving.

I feel some play in my steering wheel when driving my car sometimes.

If you feel play in your steering wheel this may be caused by a faulty intermediate shaft, loose tie rod ends/ball joints, or a faulty rack and pinion assembly. A good steering system inspection by a professional would be my first recommendation. The most important thing to note is if any of these parts are replaced an alignment of the vehicle is required afterwards. Once the faulty part has been identified and replaced by the technician I would take the vehicle to a facility with an alignment machine to complete the repair and keep your vehicle handling properly.

3. Play in the steering while driving.