Q: Thermostat

While driving my car i noticed that it started overheating. When I stopped the car there was no release of fluid like radiator etc. Which leads me to think its the thermostat. But, I'm no expert

A: The cooling system would need to be complet...

The cooling system would need to be completely checked out to see if the cooling fan circuit is working correct. If the fans are not coming on it would allow the engine to overheat. The thermostat would cause the engine to overheat quickly, but the fans would still be coming on. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and check the vehicle in person to determine why it is overheating.