Q: Purge flow sensor code

asked by on February 16, 2016

The Check Engine light is on and I am getting a code saying something is wrong with the purge flow sensor. The car has no power and won't accelerate when I push the gas pedal.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi, it is fairly rare for this to happen with a purge flow issue. Purge flow refers to the cars EVAP system. This system collects the fuel that evaporates inside the gas tank to ensure that pretty much 100% of the fuel put into the car is used up. Even with a leak in this system it is rare for it to affect drivability this much. The acceleration issue may be from something different. It is possible for the cars computer to store codes and not display the Check Engine Light. Have a certified technician help you diagnose what exactly is causing the Check Engine Light to appear.