Q: scanner detects that there is a high pressure of fuel in the fuel system with a code P0088.

asked by on December 15, 2016

The engine start but cannot continue long. The scanner detects that there is a high pressure of fuel in the fuel system. And diagnoses as P0088 error. How can I sort out the problem ?

Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement $111.64 - $903.72 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the fuel pressure regulator on the engine. If you are having high fuel pressure on the fuel rail, then the fuel pressure regulator is causing a higher pressure than normal. The fuel pump is designed to pump up to 300 psi and the regulator is designed to lower the pressure for optimal fuel pressure. I recommend replacing the fuel pressure regulator if you cannot find anything wrong with it. If you need further assistance with the fuel pressure regulator, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.