Q: Burning smell from fuse box

I detect an electrical burning odor from the fuse box under the hood.

Smell in the car Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

An electrical burning smell coming from the fuse block is never a good sign. Your fuse block is a major junction in the supply of power to most of your engine management system and accessories. A proper inspection should be carried out by a qualified technician to see whether or not serious damage has indeed occurred or whether the issue is smaller. A basic check of the fuses is a good start, also just a good visual inspection can sometimes bring light to your problem. The mechanic will be able to give you a proper diagnosis of the burning smell coming from the fuse box.