Q: What should I know about the Integrated Keyhead Transmitters?

What should I know about the Integrated Keyhead Transmitters?

Your car’s key-embedded remotes are called Integrated Keyhead Transmitters, or IKTs. They give you the ability to start the engine, control the door locks and more. Each IKT needs to be programmed to work with your car’s ignition. There are also several other things you’ll need to know:

• You can only have eight keys programmed to work with your car.

• Only four of the eight keys programmed can be IKTs. The rest must be valet/courtesy keys.

• You cannot crank your car without an IKT or other programmed key. If your last/only key is lost, you’ll need to have a new key cut and programmed before you can drive anywhere.

3. What should I know about the Integrated Keyhead Transmitters?