Q: Driving from Washington to Oregon when I got home battery boiled over. The 4 wheel drive dash lights and overdrive are on.

asked by on February 19, 2017

1995 ford f150 4r70w. Returning from Washington battery boiled over. Replaced battery no issues for now. Then back to Washington the odometer went blank. The 4 wheel drive indicator lights on dash came on. The gear select overdrive off light started flashing. Last the check engine light comes on intermittently. The transmission was recently replaced with a rebuilt. Trans mission

Hello. With so many lights indicating on the dashboard such as the check engine light and the overdrive light they will certainly be codes present inside of the transmission control module and engine control module. I suggest that a technician run a scan Diagnostics because the system in your vehicle is in place to help pinpoint any issues that may develop. Being transmission work was completed there will be a possibility of a wiring shortage such as a wire too close to the engine block, driveshaft or exposed connections touching. You will want to pay close attention to the ground connections because battery boiling over will at times be a sign of an improper ground source.