Q: Cooling

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee SE. It has 191,000 miles on it. I bought the car a couple weeks ago and when I got home I realized there was no coolant in it. So I just put ZEREX 50/50 in the reservoir. Well a few days later i realized sitting still idling , the temp would rise above 210. So I checked the coolant and there was zero coolant in the reservoir once again! I have noticed a puddle of fluid under the car which I'm guessing is coolant almost directly under the reservoir. But I am not very good with engines so I really don't know what I'm looking for. Please HELP!

A: Fill the reservoir with water and look to s...

Fill the reservoir with water and look to see where it is leaking from. The reservoir is an easy item to replace if that's what is leaking. You may also need to open the radiator cap to properly fill the cooling system. If the leak is hard for you to detect, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will have the tools and skill needed to determine the cause of the coolant loss and assist you with repairs.