Q: My steering locked up and the key won't turn

I just bought a new starter for my car. I installed it. Then my steering locked up on me when I tried to start the car. And when I tried to turn the key it wouldn’t turn. Do you have any advice or ideas?

A: Check the Steering Lock Module for faults. ...

Check the Steering Lock Module for faults. This component is tied into the vehicle security system (including your ignition key), and appears to have either failed or is not sync'ing correctly with the key and security system. A professional mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can help inspect the ignition system to help have the no-start corrected.