Q: Instrument cluster shuts off intermittently while driving

The batt light goes on and the entire instrument cluster (spedo fuel turbo temp etc ) shuts off .. when it's off the climate control won't work and the sun roof won't work . Sometimes the abs light comes on before it shuts off. Turns on and off intermittently. I've checked fuses and cleaned battery connections and ground connections .. please help

A: There are two fuse boxes on the vehicle. On...

There are two fuse boxes on the vehicle. One is inside of the firewall usually located in or around the dashboard. Have you checked this fuse box and the fuse box in the engine compartment? The dash cluster itself may also have gone out. This runs in order with a lot of wiring to other accessories, and may cause the others to fail. These connections to the instrument cluster also can come loose. You may want to check the terminals and make sure they are in good working order. The dashboard has a section where it clips in, and it is easy to pull away if you are careful. You can at least secure and check the connection to the instrument cluster from this spot. If that doesn’t help, you know the problem is further down in the circuit. Since electrical problems can be hard to pinpoint, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to properly diagnose your electrical issue and help you make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.