Q: I'm getting high oil pressure readings when Accelerating

I've just replaced the oil sending unit and I'm still getting high oil pressure when accelerating. Could it be the oil pressure gauge on my dash?

This may be happening for a a few different reasons such as a faulty oil pressure gauge in your dash, too much oil in the motor or clogged oil passages. I would start by checking the oil in the motor using the dipstick to be sure it is not over filled with oil. If the oil level is correct, this may suggest either a faulty oil pressure gauge or potentially a clogged oil passage. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. I'm getting high oil pressure readings when Accelerating