Q: How do I use the engine block heater in a 2012 Nissan Altima?

How do I use the engine block heater?

If your car is equipped with an engine block heater, this is an important safeguard to use during severe cold weather. Here’s how to use it (if your car is equipped with one):

1. Make sure the engine is off.

2. Pop the hood.

3. Pull out the cord for the heater.

4. Plug it into an outlet (properly grounded) or an extension cord connected to an outlet.

5. Run the heater for two to four hours to warm up the engine coolant.

6. Make sure to put away the cord before you start the engine again.

3. How do I use the engine block heater in a 2012 Nissan Altima?