Q: Changing the front struts as a complete assembly

I was told that the driver side and passenger side front strut assembly are the same I put the driver side on first and it fit perfectly however I went to put the passenger side on and its not lining up correctly it there a difference or am I doing something wrong

When I looked up the parts, the struts should be the same on both sides. When installing the struts, you need to make sure the top mount is in the same position as the removed one before you try and install it. They should go right in. Do not forget to have your alignment checked after you install the new struts. If you need help and would like ensure that this task is done correctly, you can have a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to install the strut assembly for you using the parts that you currently own. We can also provide a replacement strut assembly if necessary.