Q: Kill switch won't let me start car

The car alarm kill switch won't allow the car to start. The owner does not have the remote key (only an old manual key).

Dealing with a troublesome alarm can be frustrating. Ultimately I would recommend purchasing a new remote key fob and having it programmed to your vehicle so you can have use of your alarm system. Until you are able to do that, I have a solution that will disable your alarm so you can still drive your Toyota Camry. Take your key and put it in the ignition. Turn the key to the “ON” position, then turn it to the “OFF” position. Repeat this for a total of 5 times. Now start your vehicle. The factory alarm should be bypassed and your Camry should start.

If you are still having difficulty starting your Toyota though, I recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and verify the alarm is what is preventing your Camry from starting and having them disable the alarm for you.

3. Kill switch won't let me start car