Q: When at idle truck wants to stall

Truck wants to stall. When coming to stop and idle. Also. Under acceleration truck sputters to go.

A: Hello there, many common faults will cause ...

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 1986 Dodge W250 to want to stall when coming to a stop and sputter under acceleration. The most common causes are the power brake booster, vacuum leak, MAF sensor, oxygen sensor, crankshaft position sensor, idle air valve, or the EGR valve. The loss of power is most likely related to the engine wanting to stall at idle. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your stalling when coming to a stop and loss of power issues making any repairs required.