Q: Low-mileage Chevy Prisma with a quart of oil

asked by on April 11, 2016

I have a 2000 Chevy Prisma with 133,000 miles using quart of oil about every 500 miles. Is there any hope to get more miles out of the quart?

Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote

The first thing you want to do is change the PCV valve because they often stick on this model and suck oil and burn. It could be a simple thing--five bucks. If that doesn’t fix it, change your engine oil and filter, put in Castrol oil, a high-quality filter and one quart of Lucas oil additive. A lot of times that will slow the oil burning down. I’ve seen it happen on a lot of cars. Try that if the PCV valve doesn’t solve your problem.