Q: Low-mileage Chevy Prisma with a quart of oil

I have a 2000 Chevy Prisma with 133,000 miles using quart of oil about every 500 miles. Is there any hope to get more miles out of the quart?

The first thing you want to do is change the PCV valve because they often stick on this model and suck oil and burn. It could be a simple thing--five bucks. If that doesn’t fix it, change your engine oil and filter, put in Castrol oil, a high-quality filter and one quart of Lucas oil additive. A lot of times that will slow the oil burning down. I’ve seen it happen on a lot of cars. Try that if the PCV valve doesn’t solve your problem.

3. Low-mileage Chevy Prisma with a quart of oil