Q: Why am I getting rich codes in my 2012 Chevrolet Silverado

asked by on February 26, 2017

I have used Lucas injector cleaner 3 times in my fuel tank it is very difficult to start at the press on the gas to get it to turn overand when it does start smoke comes out of the tailpipe it's been going on for about three months since the code 1st came on for the two Rich the system it's now every time that I started it's difficult. Lucas injector fluid doesn't even seem to work anymore is this my fuel injectors if so what's the most inexpensive way to have my mechanic take care of the problem should I buy replacement injectors and have him install them should I have him clean the injectors?

Hello. It does not sound like you have an injector issue. It is not too common for the injectors to leak and cause this. I would suspect that there is a sensor that is not reading correctly or it may have a bad fuel pressure regulator. I would start by installing my scan tool and checking the readings from all of the sensors. That will help me to determine where the problem is. If the sensors are all reading correctly then I would check the fuel pressure regulator. If you need some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it is running rich] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection