Q: No resistance in steering and noise when wheel turned all the way left after slight fender bender

My passenger front fender bender got hit slightly. The front right wheel looks a little angled than usual after the accident. Regular driving steering is ok but when I turn the wheel all the way to the left I feel no resistance where there should be. Usually the steering wheel turns back to center but it doesn't, it feels planted on turning left. There's alos a slight grinding noise when it's all the way turned. What could be the problem?

Hi there. It sounds like part of the suspension was bent when the accident occurred. From what you are explaining most of the time the strut or the lower control arm gets bent and causes this. If you want to have this steering problem checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the suspension for damage and guide you in the right direction for completing the repairs.

3. No resistance in steering and noise when wheel turned all the way left after slight fender bender