Q: Cruise control broken

asked by on February 12, 2016

The cruise control only works occasionally.

Cruise control is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi. Cruise control systems only engage past about 35 mph, so make sure that is not the issue. Other issues that can sometimes interfere with the cruise control are brake lights that may be having connection issues. The system uses the brake lights as a signal of when to cut off. If it doesn’t detect everything working correctly, it wont activate. Consider seeking help from a technician for an appropriate diagnosis. A qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect the cruise control issue and replace any damaged parts.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr