Q: 1997 Honda CR-V cranks but won't fire. Changed fuel pump it ran for a few days. Then would crank and not start. The next day it st

asked by on March 12, 2017

The next day it starts

When the car runs it runs great. Never had this problem till car hit my driver side fender

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the issue seems to be fuel related, you are going to want to run some more tests, but they must be done when the vehicle is acting up. When the vehicle will not start, try turning the key to the "On" position for a few moments before cranking the engine over. This give the fuel pump time to prime and pressurize before engine demands fuel. You may also want to take a look at the fuel lines and the filter which are located in that area. Testing the fuel pump to make sure it it getting electrical power when told to turn on is also a key test to make sure the electrical side of the fuel system is working. For more help with these and possible further tests, contact our service department about schedule an appointment.