Q: Power steering belt broke & need to replace it. How do I replace it?

Power steering belt broke & I have no power steering. I need to replace belt!

Typically, you would loosen the mounting bolts for the power steering pump and adjust the angle of the pump until the belt is loose enough to remove. There may be one or more belts for other accessories in front of the power steering belt so those may need to be removed first. If any of the other belts are cracked or just old, this would be a great time to deal with those before they break. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the drive belts and offer a more personal diagnosis and repair estimate.

3. Power steering belt broke & need to replace it. How do I replace it?