Q: What do the speedometer and odometer do?

What do the speedometer and odometer do?

The center gauge cluster on your Nissan Altima is home to some pretty important accessories. You have a range of informational and warning lights, as well as a number of gauges and digital displays. The speedometer and odometer are two very important examples. There are a couple of things to understand here, though.

• Speedometer: The speedometer shows the speed at which you’re traveled. It measures it primarily in miles per hour (MPH) but also in kilometers per hour (KPH).

• Odometer: This displays the mileage on your engine, but it also changes to show a couple of other things – twin trip monitors.

• Twin Trip Monitors: Pushing the change button allows you to cycle between trip 1, trip 2 and the standard odometer. You can also use it to reset the mileage on trips 1 and 2.

3. What do the speedometer and odometer do?