Q: What do the speedometer and odometer do?

What do the speedometer and odometer do?

A: The center gauge cluster on your Nissan Alt...

The center gauge cluster on your Nissan Altima is home to some pretty important accessories. You have a range of informational and warning lights, as well as a number of gauges and digital displays. The speedometer and odometer are two very important examples. There are a couple of things to understand here, though.

• Speedometer: The speedometer shows the speed at which you’re traveled. It measures it primarily in miles per hour (MPH) but also in kilometers per hour (KPH).

• Odometer: This displays the mileage on your engine, but it also changes to show a couple of other things – twin trip monitors.

• Twin Trip Monitors: Pushing the change button allows you to cycle between trip 1, trip 2 and the standard odometer. You can also use it to reset the mileage on trips 1 and 2.