Q: I can't get the ring off the fuel tank to take out the fuel pump - 1992 Chevrolet C1500

i cant get the ring off the fuel tank to take out the fuel pump

Hi there - if you don’t have the official GM tool, using a screwdriver and small hammer, and alternately whacking each side to unscrew the large lock ring works with patience and liquid penetrant. For professional assistance, I recommend fuel pump replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• I can't get the ring off the fuel tank to take out the fuel pump - 1992 Chevrolet C1500