Q: What kind of oil should I use?

asked by on December 11, 2015

What kind of oil should I use?

You should use SAE 5W-20 engine oil.

Loud bang when backing up only

If the only time the pop occurs is when you are backing up and turning, then this isn't necessarily something that must be fixed immediately. Many trucks will exhibit such noises and most of the time they don't have any...

What does the engine oil pressure light mean in a 2012 Nissan Rogue?

The engine oil pressure Warning Light is located on your instrument panel. When this light illuminates, your vehicle has a dangerously low amount of engine oil. If the light comes on, pull over as you safely can, and call a...

Rough idle and RPM fluctuation

Hi There, As you may know, the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor senses engine load and generates a signal that is proportional to the amount of vacuum in the intake manifold. The engine computer then uses this information to adjust...

I stomped my gas and it backfired out of the tail pipe

Hello. Backfiring can be caused by many things. A few common causes are low quality fuel or problems with the fuel, ignition issues, or a problem within engine management systems. If the vehicle is filled with low quality fuel, it...

Would an engine problem cause my slip indicator to come on in my 2010 Toyota Highlander

Hello. It sounds like you have two different issues going on. The slip indicator will come on when there is a traction control issue or when there is a malfunction in the system. Most of the time this is caused...

How do you replace a low beam headlight bulb?

Headlights are vital for any situation where you have to drive in low or no light, or when it’s raining, sleeting or snowing. It’s important for your own visibility, as well as ensuring that other drivers are able to see...

Front brakes rattling going downhill and steering wheel shakes.

Despite having the disc brakes and brake pads replaced on your Dodge Durango, there can be other reasons that could be producing these concerns. With the front brake rattling and steering wheel shaking, it is possible there was a part...

How do I control the windshield wipers?

Both the windshield wipers and the windshield washers can be controlled with a lever located behind the steering wheel. There are two levers, used to control a number of things on the vehicle, that stick out a noticeable amount from...

power steering pump makes noise.

The power steering pump may be going bad if you are hearing a grinding noise. The fluid should not be red, unless the fluid was flushed out and replaced with transmission fluid. Power steering fluid is light brown like fresh...