Q: Got hit by the gas tank on a 2000 nissan maxima now axel looks bent. What else might be broken

The wheel is not straight. The rear loaded beam axle appears to have been bent..

Hello, thank you for writing in. In the area of the fuel tank and axle, there are likely fuel and brake lines to be concerned about. This is in addition to the components related to the wheel, axle, and fuel tank. With those obviously damaged components, you want to check the fuel filler neck (from the cap to the tank), the brakes, the wheel bearing, the suspension, and any electrical components running in the area. With that being said, most of these things can be visually inspected or easily tested. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may have bending in the frame as well. For more help with a safety inspection or repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Got hit by the gas tank on a 2000 nissan maxima now axel looks bent. What else might be broken