Q: trouble codes PO101

Initially diagnostic came with codes P1334-P1312 After changing the spark plugs and having an oil change done, diagnostic code came with code 3305 While I was shopping for Direct Ignition Coil cassette, I stopped again to run another diagnostic today before letting the mechanic install the ignition cassette SKU 55559955, The code this time came code PO101 as follow: Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Range/Performance. The engine red light went away after the diagnostic. The car did run fine all along with the engine light on. Car run great shape. What do I do? You all have been so helpful and even scheduled Your mechanic to come over. Thank you. Have a wonderful Holidays. I would follow your instructions. Thank you. Marc

Hi there. There are 5 things that can cause the engine light code P0101 to come on. The mass air flow sensor (MAF) could be dirty, the MAF could have failed, the air intake could have a leak, there could be a break in the wiring on the MAF or a loose connection, or the catalytic converter could be plugged up. First, check the wiring harness to the MAF and make sure that it’s tight. Then check all of the intake hose plumbing and make sure that they are all secured tight. If those are in good shape, then remove the MAF and clean it with a non-chlorinated electrical cleaner. Then put it back on and see if the engine light goes out. If the light is still on, check the harness for power with the engine running. If there is power, then hook up the harness to the sensor and back probe the wiring with a tiny paper clip and check for power coming out of the sensor. If there is no power coming out of the sensor, then the sensor is not working and needs replaced. If there is power coming out of the sensor, then check the exhaust system for a plugged catalytic converter. Place something flat against the exhaust pipe with gloves on and check to see if there is a pressure build-up. If there is no pressure, then the catalytic converter is plugged. If there is pressure and everything checks out to be good, then the computer may have a bad connection and needs to be replaced or fixed. Most likely the sensor is not working or there is an air leak. If you need further assistance with diagnosing your MAF, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. trouble codes PO101