Q: How do you check the brake and clutch fluid?

How do you check the brake and clutch fluid?

A: Keeping an eye on the clutch and brake flui...

Keeping an eye on the clutch and brake fluid in your car isn’t hard to do. It is important, though. Both of these systems are hydraulic, and low fluid can lead to low pressure and reduced operation.

Here’s how to check the brake fluid:

1. Open the hood.

2. Locate the brake fluid reservoir on the master cylinder.

3. Check the level of fluid visually (you can see it through the reservoir side). It should be between the minimum and maximum lines.

4. Do not top off your brake fluid.

To check your clutch fluid:

1. Locate the clutch reservoir.

2. Visually check the fluid level (again, you can see it through the side of the reservoir).

3. If it is at or below the minimum line, top it off with brake fluid.

If your brake fluid is low, it means you need service – most likely new pads. Topping off the reservoir could lead to overflow when your pads are replaced.