Q: Car rumbles when accelerating for the first time after not using the car for 12 or more hours.

This is what happened. I turned on the car. Backed out of the driveway and started driving. When accelerating the car started vibrating/rumbling. Then the check engine light started blinking. Then it just stayed on. (stopped blinking but, is now always on) This same thing has happened before. I took it to a shop and they said nothing was wrong with it. The engine light was off when I took it home from the shop. It has happened again but, the engine light hasn't turned off. I just got the spark plugs replaced and the radiator. The car also rumbles when in idle. Turning off the AC actually helps it not to rumble. I'm just more concerned about the engine light being on and the car rumbling when accelerating for the first time in awhile. This only happens after the car has been sitting for awhile. So like the first drive of the day it happens. You accelerate and feel the rumble. Then it goes away after a few a seconds. There is still a rumble when in idle but, its far less of a rumble than

A: Hi there: What you're describing could...

Hi there:

What you're describing could be several issues ranging from clogged fuel injectors or dirty fuel filter to electronics related with a problem with the ignition coil or a sensor; even a vacuum leak. If you turn on the AC and it helps, that tells me that the issue is most likely fuel related, as the AC will draw power from the engine, forcing the engine to increase fuel pressure, which can clear up clogged up injection hoses or fuel lines.

I think your best bet is to contact a local ASE certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, so they can road test and diagnose your Check Engine Light for you before the problem gets worse.