Q: Refueling issue Dodge Durango ,

Hello Mr.Robert , I have Dodge Durango 2003 4.7L SLT When I Refuel my gas tank at a petrol Station Auto fuel fill nozzle trips immediately and Fuel also goes very slowly if filled manually by hand.

I removed one out of the three hose (finger size hose) going to vapor charcoal canister . Which is risky and i am filling only 30 percent tank to avoid fuel spillage. Now fuel goes 2 times fast but still auto fill nozel trips. Kindly suggest (bharat.relhan@rediffmail.com)

Mileage : 5 km per Liter My car has 11 miles.

Hi there. It sounds like you may have saturated the charcoal canister, the vent hose is clogged, or the vent valve on the canister has failed. This part of the canister allows fuel vapor to flow from the fuel tank and become trapped in the charcoal while allowing fresh air to pass to the atmosphere (emission controls). If this part fails or becomes clogged by insect debris/nests, filling the fuel tank becomes a time consuming ordeal. You seem to have successfully checked the vapor valve in the top of the fuel tank that allows this vapor pressure to go to the charcoal canister; when you removed those hoses from the canister and could fill the tank normally this proved that the refueling valve is operating. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car is not refueling properly.