Q: My fuel level goes up and down. Is my fuel tank cap broken or what?

Hello..My Chevy Cruze have are problems..the problem is my fuel level goes up and down..its that my fuel tank cap broken or what? if i open my cap fuel no vapors out

Hey there. This is likely related to the fuel level sending unit inside your fuel tank. This is a unit that using a float system to measure the fuel level inside your fuel tank and relays this information to the car’s ECU which then translates and sends this to your fuel gauge indicating how much fuel is in the tank. When this unit is not working correctly, this will cause fluctuations in the fuel level as indicated on the fuel gauge as you have experienced. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose and repair the fuel gauge issue.

3. My fuel level goes up and down. Is my fuel tank cap broken or what?