Q: How do i know what tensioner system my car has

asked by on February 19, 2017

I need to replace the timing belt and water pump but i need to make sure i have the right kit for the tensioner system in my 2004 dodge neon 2.0 how do i find out what mine is

Unless you want to open the timing cover to check, you can give any Dodge dealer your VIN number and they can tell you which tensioner was used. With the VIN number, the dealer can tell you if your car was factory equipped with the hydraulic adjuster (part number 04667283), or the mechanical adjuster (part number 04884320AA). You should use the original style adjuster that the car was built with. If you desire that the timing belt and components be installed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request timing belt replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.