Q: Is it possible to fit a LT4 Supercharged 376ci / 6.2L Engine into a 1997 Z28 Camaro?

asked by on February 06, 2017

Will the LT4 Supercharged 376ci / 6.2L Engine fit in the 1997 Z28 Camaro without a problem?

When changing the engine over from a Z28 to a LT4 Supercharged 376 CI engine, you may have to adjust the engine mounts to accept the engine transferring over. The blocks are about the same size and will both bolt up to the vehicle. Since both engines are GM, they will bolt up to the transmission that is in your vehicle, but you may have to swap the transmission bell housing, if it comes off, to adapt it to the engine. The other thing is you will have to have the computer (ECM) flashed (reprogrammed) to accept the engine with a supercharger as the output exhaust temperatures will be different and make the engine light come on. If you need further assistance with your engine swap, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.