Can brake problem cause engine problem? 2006 VW Jetta

I took my car to replace the break booster, because it couldn't stop. Now he telling me that something from the engine is pushing the ABS air vacuum pump out, so he think it my engine. Now he wants me to get a new engine.

Hi there - the brake booster on your Jetta uses an engine-driven vacuum pump - rather than vacuum from the engine intake system and a vacuum booster cylinder as many cars have historically used. It sounds like your mechanic is saying there is a problem with this engine-driven vacuum pump. Replacing this engine-driven pump is a reasonable diagnosis for your poor braking performance. Replacing the engine proper is not. I recommend a brake vacuum pump replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, replace your vacuum pump, and get you back on the road quickly.