Q: Car stuck in second gear

My car will not shift and is currently stuck in second gear. The gear shift is flimsy and I cannot put it into gear.

Hello. If the transmission is stuck in second and if the shifter has little to no resistance when moving it then the shifter cable may have broke. I have come across this a few times. I would typically locate where the shift cable connects to the transmission and see if it is still connected and see if it moves when moving the shifter. If not then the cable is more than likely the issue. If it does move then you may have an internal transmission problem that would require some internal transmission repair. I would enlist the help of a certified mechanic that can diagnose your gear shift issues.