Q: Cold air intake makes engine have sputter sound during shut down.

I recently installed a cold air intake in my car and when i turn my engine off it sounds like air is being pushed out of somewhere, the sound is similar to squeezing a Gatorade bottle and forcing the air out.

A: Hi there. This sound that you are hearing ...

Hi there. This sound that you are hearing is a normal condition that is occurring. When an cold air intake is installed, there is a larger area for air to accumulate and when the engine shuts off, the air escapes that was collected in that large area. This is normal and nothing to worry about.