Q: Cold air intake makes engine have sputter sound during shut down.

I recently installed a cold air intake in my car and when i turn my engine off it sounds like air is being pushed out of somewhere, the sound is similar to squeezing a Gatorade bottle and forcing the air out.

Hi there. This sound that you are hearing is a normal condition that is occurring. When an cold air intake is installed, there is a larger area for air to accumulate and when the engine shuts off, the air escapes that was collected in that large area. This is normal and nothing to worry about.

3. Cold air intake makes engine have sputter sound during shut down.