Q: Car overheats when heater not on

My car is overheating. The radiator, sensor, and thermostat have been replaced. The car operates at normal when the heater is on.

There can be a variety of reasons that your Ford Five Hundred is overheating, even after repairs have been made. While it is possible you are experiencing problems with the water pump, you may have a defective new thermostat as well. It is also possible that air pockets are still trapped in the system and causing your vehicle to overheat. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and diagnose your Ford’s overheating concern. They will have the knowledge to quickly identify exactly why your Ford is overheating as well as make the repairs needed to keep your engine running at its normal operating temperature.

3. Car overheats when heater not on