Q: The engine hesitates and dies if the lights and AC are on together

The engine hesitates and dies if the lights and AC are on together. Vehicle id Toyota with a 1KD-FTV engine.

Hello. The idle air controller is suspect in this scenario - either needs to be replaced or cleaned (if possible). It sounds like it is not responding to the increased load of the alternator. A dirty throttle body or air leak into the intake could also cause a lean condition and poor low-speed performance. I would recommend having a car is stalling inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of the damage and cost for repairs.

3. The engine hesitates and dies if the lights and AC are on together