Q: The engine hesitates and dies if the lights and AC are on together

The engine hesitates and dies if the lights and AC are on together. Vehicle id Toyota with a 1KD-FTV engine.

Hello. The idle air controller is suspect in this scenario - either needs to be replaced or cleaned (if possible). It sounds like it is not responding to the increased load of the alternator. A dirty throttle body or air leak into the intake could also cause a lean condition and poor low-speed performance. I would recommend having a car is stalling inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of the damage and cost for repairs.