Q: Clutch won't engage 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

asked by on March 05, 2017

Clutch "popped" or "snapped" and pressure failed, goes straight to floor and fails to engage any gear. I need help on finding out what part I need. I'm told that a shift cable or clutch cable what I need but when I try a search online, I can't find anything of the sort. I have a Lancer Ralliart.

Clutch is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - your clutch is operated by a hydraulic master cylinder/slave cylinder arrangement. If the failure was sudden, as you describe, it’s likely a hydraulic fluid (rubber) hose that failed, but that should be confirmed before parts are ordered up. Given your mileage, it might well be good preventative maintenance to replace the clutch master and slave cylinders, as well as the failing hose. I recommend a clutch not disengaging inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.