Q: Intermittent starting issues

Occasionally, the car does not start. I had the battery checked and it is good. I think the starter might need replacing.

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1090.49 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. There are two easy ways to test a starter. One is to measure the voltage present at the starter terminals when cranking the vehicle. Another way is to test the starter with a starting system tester directly at the battery terminals. If the proper voltage is present at the starter terminals and the vehicle will still not crank over, the starter will likely need replacement. YourMechanic provides certified technicians that can inspect the vehicle’s starting issue on site if desired.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr