Q: Car shake when going over small bumps.

When driving at highway speeds if I go over the small bumps, that you commonly see in Minnesota, the car starts to shake side to side and will feel like it has lost traction, even though car has plenty of traction. The only way to avoid it is if I slow down to about 40mph. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The suspension could be loose or have a broken bushing causing the control arms to move around or the shock absorbers are worn and causing the tires to bounce violently at highway speeds. If you need further assistance with your vehicle shaking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.