Q: I have a 2006 nissan maxima i put power steering fluid in it but the steering is still very stiff

asked by on March 06, 2017

The steering was whining. so i checked the power steering levels it was fairly empty. so i filled it. now the steering is very stiff. i cant drivve the car at all

Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If there is lack of steering assist, the power steering pump may not be generating adequate hydraulic pressure. Of course check the drive belt first and be sure that there is no trapped air in the system (if the fluid was low, air could have gotten entrained). If the problem persists, the recommended service is a power steering system inspection - hard steering. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.